Monday, November 9, 2009

Days with Avinash

Sometimes I just sit and relax with my eyes closed and my mind takes me into flashback. Today I suddenly remembered my days with Avinash in Saffron Global which gave me the first so called white collar job of my life. His first impression was not good, not that he committed any crime but because his face gave an impression of a hooligan. It was only after he began to speak belying his looks that we got acquainted. He became interested in me when he learnt that both of us were of same caste and belonged to the same state. Slowly I also realised that it was only an error from the part of god that he got those looks otherwise he was a very lively person always entertaining people around him with his sense of humour.

On completion of training we got into the same team led my Mansi. She also was new and it was her first team. Avinash was a good salesman and soon he got attention of Mansi. She treated him well as he was the saviour for her team. But this good treatment led to creation of an illusion in his mind that Mansi liked him and he boasted of his good relations with Mansi quite often which landed him in a ridiculous situation one day.

That day Avinash sent me a vulgar but entertaining text which I found very funny. Being aware of his close friendship with Mansi I advised him to forward that text to her also for she would find it funny too. Hence, in the air emboldened with his illusion and my advise the message was delivered. And before he could receive the acknowledgement of delivery Mansi appeared before us furious as Kali shouting at him that how he dared send her a vulgar message. She was shouting at the top of her voice thrilling he whole floor. She also threatened to lodge a complaint against him. Avinash was numb. He froze for those moments.

It was both funny and embarrassing and I never realised that it might turn into an ugly situation like that. Avinash looked at Mansi with a comical look in his face like that of Tom of 'Tom and Jerry' cartoon show when he is faced with his angry owner. He started begging for forgiveness and attempted to defend himself by saying that he did not send the text himself, it was I who did it but to no avail. She did not listen to him as it was sent from his number.

Somehow the situation was pacified without any complaints against him only revealing the depth of the so called good relations.

No comments: